Do you like eating bacon, nachos, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, wings, burgers, and oysters? (so many items to choose from)
If so, head on over to Bill Jack’s Shack in Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida!
A laid back restaurant located just steps away from the beach. The serve up comfort food, craft beer, and cocktails. I was invited by fellow blogger Rachel aka @WhineandCheezits to taste Bill Jack’s menu. I’m all for comfort food and craft beer so I was excited about dining there. When walking in, the decor was pretty fun and kitschy. There’s even a truck grill hanging behind the bar.
Disclaimer: The drinks and meals were complimentary, however, my opinions expressed in this blog post are truthful to my experience.
Check out some of the popular items I got to taste:
Applewood Smoked Bacon in a Chinese takeout box
– if you love bacon, you’ll love munching on these bad boys. I think it’s super fun that it comes out in a Chinese takeout box.
Mexican Street Corn aka Elotes
– corn rubbed with cheese and various seasoning; so tasty and it’s the iconic Mexican street treat.
– such a funny name for this. This was definitely one of my favorites dishes. Crispy kettle cooked potato chips topped with pork, bacon, mac-n-cheese, sauteed onions, blackened ranch, pickled jalapeños, and green onions. Eat it with beer and it’s the perfect comfort food.
Fresh shucked oysters
– slurp these bad boys down, super fresh and perfect snack for the ocean side setting.
– topped with Parmesan, served with Javier’s chili mayo – if there is mac and cheese and it’s fried, it has my name all over. These little balls of goodness were so cheesy and perfect.
– bacon wrapped hot dog and fried until it rips, (hence the name) lettuce, tomato, guacamole & sriracha mayo. I had it with a side of loaded tater tots, everything was so mouth-watering.
– this was a sampler of all the donuts. They have quite a selection of donuts to choose from. SO DECADENT.
If you’re in the area and looking for a new spot to check out, I recommend going to Billy Jack’s Shack
A family friendly spot with good food. If you’re on a diet, they also have salads to choose from. They also have a location in Virginia and North Carolina.