I’m participating in a month-long blogger challenge and this is one of the blog topics. If you’ve missed my last two posts, you could check them out by clicking here: 5 Fact About Kimbodian Speaks and Ways To Bond With Your Family
I love music, it truly brings back memories and helps create new ones. I’m open to all types of music; I could be listening to classical music in the morning and metal in the afternoon. I’ve compiled my 20 favorites songs and listed it by genre and the reason why it’s my favorite. It was hard narrowing it to only 20, but here we go!
1. Aaliyah – Are You That Somebody? – the song of my middle school days, I just loved Aaliyah’s voice, style, and the beats to the song.
2. Xcape – My Little Secret -Also another song that I loved in my middle school days, don’t worry, I didn’t have a little secret LOL I was too young.
3. Bone Thugs n Harmony – Crossroads – We all lose or will lose someone and I feel that this song is very comforting. Not to mention I love their fast rapping style.
4. Dilated Peoples – Poisonous – Love the lyrics, yeah she’s poisonous, but I see that as a compliment because she’s not one to be reckoned with.
5. Simon & Garfunkel – The Boxer – I just love the melody, it’s melancholy, but it’s peaceful and I picture myself frolicking in a field with sunshine and butterflies surrounding me.
6. The Beatles – Here Comes The Sun – It’s just a cheerful song that I truly love; anything from The Beatles really is amazing.
7. Bob Marley & The Wailers – African Herbsman – Love the lyrics, “The remembrance of today, is the sad feelin’ of tomorrow.” Just a reminder that tomorrow is not guaranteed and to live today like it’s your last.
8. Tribal Seeds – Beautiful Mysterious – Love the lyrics and how he’s singing about a lady of his interest. It reminded me of the first time I met my husband.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Black Tongue – This is one of my favorite bands of all time! Karen O, the lead singer is so feisty in this song, I just love her lyrics, “Boy you’re just a stupid b**** and girl you’re just a no good d****.” Love it! haha
10. Interpol – Evil – For one, it’s an awesome song and for two, I learned how to play part of the song on a guitar.
11. The Used – Smother Me – This was our wedding song, it’s all about smushy love. And they’re my favorite band!
12. Brand New – The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows – another classic, it reminds me of growing up in Rhode Island and my emo days.
13. Asking Alexandria – The Final Episode – OH MY GOD! I just love the raw power and the screams.
14. Atilla – About That Life – “I’m a bad m********** not a f******* role model” It’s a great song to do CrossFit and lift weights for sure haha
15. Beethoven – Moonlight Sonata – love this music, it’s so calming and I like to put it on while getting a massage or acupuncture.
16. Dmitri Shostakovich – Waltz No. 2 – love that this is kind of upbeat and serious.
17. Sinn Sisamouth – Annie – this brings me back to my childhood days where my dad would blast this music at home or in the car.
18. Ros Sereysothea – Sra Mouy Keo – love the beat, a Cambodian classic!
19. Blake Shelton – Sangria – I love the “your lips taste like sangriaaaaa” part of the lyrics. It’s a lovely song overall.
20. Luke Bryan – Rain Is A Good Thing – I love the rain and I love whiskey, this song was calling me name ha!
Thanks for reading!